Junior Performance Tennis
Hackney Tennis is a Middlesex LTA-backed Performance Centre, specialising in support for 11u players.
Performance Programme Mission Statement
It is the goal of the Hackney Tennis Performance Team to help juniors reach a top national level and, above all, help them to fulfil their potential, desires and aspirations. Hackney Tennis aims to be respected locally and nationally as having the best public facility community and performance programme in the country.
Our Performance Squad Structure
We run both a player development programme and a performance programme that work along side each other.
Juniors from our holiday camps, schools programme or general coaching courses filter into our player development programme if they display high levels of commitment and ability. Players that show greater potential, with aspirations to reach a top national level in tennis, will be invited to trial our performance programme. They then may be selected to be part of our Academy Squad or Targeted Player programme.
Our Academy Squad trains at least 4 times a week, not including individual sessions. Players are provided with a physical training programme including regular testing and reporting. They are also given homework to help them with their tennis away from the court.
Parents are given tournament and goal-setting advice and are assisted in helping their child on the long journey of junior performance tennis.
For more information on how you and your child can become involved in our performance programme, please contact Natalia Brebu at firstname.lastname@example.org
Performance Squad Bookings
Once you have received an invitation to join the Hackney Tennis performance programme, confirm your child’s place on relevant squad sessions by clicking the appropriate link below. Please note these sessions are invitational only and you will have been sent details of your child’s sessions directly. Please only sign on to the sessions you have been invited to join.
|Mini Tennis Squads|
|Academy Tennis Squads|
|Boys & Girls Squads|
|Performance Holiday Camp|
|Booking Basket for more than one squad and/or more than one child|
The commitment from our Performance Coaches:
- Professional in appearance, knowledge and delivery
- Encouraging in our delivery and communication
- Honest and open with our advice
- Motivating and inspiring for our players and parents
- Reliable in the work we do and agree to deliver
- Hard working towards being better coaches and better at helping players achieve their goals
- Accept responsibility, with no excuses, so it is possible to learn from mistakes
- Promote equality so that everyone within the programme has a fair chance to succeed
The commitment we expect from parents and players:
- Respectful towards all coaches and their advice
- Committed to the training and tournament programme advised
- Strong work ethic towards achieving goals as well as results
- Professionalism in the way you conduct yourself both at the club and at venues away from the club
- Accept responsibility, with no excuses, so it is possible to learn from the mistakes
- Trustworthy towards the coaching team and other Hackney Tennis parents
- Proactive in seeking the best methods for the player to succeed, under the guidance of the Hackney Tennis coaches