Mini Tennis Course Bookings
Please stick to the correct age group for your child – any promising Juniors will be recommended another / additional session by a coach once they have signed up.
Winter courses commence from Monday 17th September. They are available for general public booking from Tuesday 4th September.
Please note: in accordance with the new GDPR regulations, in order to receive priority notifications of future courses, you must opt-in to receive marketing communications from Hackney Tennis. To do this simply log into your OpenPlay account at www.openplay.co.uk and update your ‘marketing opt-in’ preferences.
New Booking Basket: If you wish to book different courses for different players, for example, a tots course for one child, mini for another and adult course for yourself, please go to our multiple booking page where you can add a course to your basket and complete your bookings in one transaction. If your booking is for one Mini course only, please select your preferred session below and book.
|3-4 yrs||Tots||Introduction to basic hand-eye coordination, movement and balance.||Clissold Leisure Centre||£63|
|5-6 yrs||Mini Red||Agility, balance, coordination, introduction to basic stroke shapes.||Clissold Park|
Clissold Leisure Centre
|7-8 yrs||Mini Red||Agility, balance, coordination, introduction to basic stroke shapes, building tactical awareness.||Clissold Park|
|9 yrs||Mini Orange||Tactical and technical development on a larger court, using larger rackets and harder balls.||Clissold Park|
|10 yrs||Mini Green||Tactical and technical development on a full-sized court, using larger rackets and harder balls.||Clissold Park|
Guidelines for Mini Tennis Players
Before each session please make sure your child:
- Has visited the toilet.
- Is wearing training shoes (NB sandals are not suitable footwear).
- Is wearing clothes suitable for physical activity and the weather conditions.
- Has water to drink.
- Has protection from the sun when applicable (e.g. hat, sun cream)
Parents/carers of children aged 3/4 years:
- Must not leave the site where the lesson is taking place.
- May remain courtside on the recommendation of the coach taking the session.
Commitment and expectations of Coaches/Parents/Carers/Players:
- Our coaches commit to be professional, encouraging, honest and open, reliable, respectful to all, and to promote equality and wellbeing.
- We expect parents, carers and players to be respectful to one another and the coaches, take on board advice, be encouraging, try their hardest, and participate in a way that allows everyone to enjoy learning to play tennis in a safe environment.