Mini Tennis Course Bookings
Please stick to the correct age group for your child – any promising Juniors will be recommended another / additional session by a coach once they have signed up.
View the Junior Summer Coaching Programme here.
Summer courses commence from w/c Monday 22nd April. They are available for general public booking from Wednesday 10th April.
Girl, Set, Match Is Back!
Following last year’s very successful ‘Girls Only’ festival, Girl, Set, Match is making a return with FREE tennis sessions for girls from 5 yrs through to women players on Tuesday May 28. We’re planning a fun evening learning some new skills, playing games and getting in some match practice, with lots of giveaways and prizes throughout.
The Free session for Mini girls aged 5-9yrs runs from 5-6pm. To book click the book button below for either the 5-6yrs or 7-8yrs booking page and scroll down to the Girl, Set, Match icon.
Please note: in accordance with the new GDPR regulations, in order to receive priority notifications of future courses, you must opt-in to receive marketing communications from Hackney Tennis. To do this simply log into your OpenPlay account at www.openplay.co.uk and update your ‘marketing opt-in’ preferences.
New Booking Basket: If you wish to book different courses for different players, for example, a tots course for one child, mini for another and adult course for yourself, please go to our multiple booking page where you can add a course to your basket and complete your bookings in one transaction. If your booking is for one Mini course only, please select your preferred session below and book.
|3-4 yrs||Tots||Introduction to basic hand-eye coordination, movement and balance.||Clissold Leisure Centre||£63|
|5-6 yrs||Mini Red||Agility, balance, coordination, introduction to basic stroke shapes.||Clissold Park|
Clissold Leisure Centre
|7-8 yrs||Mini Red||Agility, balance, coordination, introduction to basic stroke shapes, building tactical awareness.||Clissold Park|
|9 yrs||Mini Orange||Tactical and technical development on a larger court, using larger rackets and harder balls.||Clissold Park|
|10 yrs||Mini Green||Tactical and technical development on a full-sized court, using larger rackets and harder balls.||Clissold Park|
Guidelines for Mini Tennis Players
Before each session please make sure your child:
- Has visited the toilet.
- Is wearing training shoes (NB sandals are not suitable footwear).
- Is wearing clothes suitable for physical activity and the weather conditions.
- Has water to drink.
- Has protection from the sun when applicable (e.g. hat, sun cream)
Parents/carers of children aged 3/4 years:
- Must not leave the site where the lesson is taking place.
- May remain courtside on the recommendation of the coach taking the session.
Commitment and expectations of Coaches/Parents/Carers/Players:
- Our coaches commit to be professional, encouraging, honest and open, reliable, respectful to all, and to promote equality and wellbeing.
- We expect parents, carers and players to be respectful to one another and the coaches, take on board advice, be encouraging, try their hardest, and participate in a way that allows everyone to enjoy learning to play tennis in a safe environment.