Hackney Tennis GDPR Statement : Updated 22nd May 2018
Hackney City Tennis Clubs Limited, trading as Hackney Tennis, is a registered company in England and Wales. Registered Number 06435191. Registered Office: Clissold Park Tennis Pavilion, 3 Queen Elizabeth’s Walk, London N16 0BF.
Hackney Tennis embraces the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which comes into force in EU member states from May 2018.
In essence, the GPDR puts into practice its six underlying principles to protect the individual and the personally identifiable information (PII).
- Lawfulness, fairness and transparency.
- Lawful: Processing must meet the tests described in GDPR [article 5, clause 1(a)].
- Fair: What is processed must match up with how it has been described.
- Transparency: Explain to the subject what data processing will be done.
- Purpose limitations: Define what it is being used for and not be used for other purposes.
- Data minimisation: Only store what is required.
- Accuracy: The data is accurate
- Storage limitations: No longer than necessary.
- Integrity and confidentiality: It is held securely and, if stored online or in the cloud, it is encrypted by default.
There is currently no “GDPR data compliance certificate” as such. The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) can audit any organisation to assess whether they are compliant or not.
Hackney Tennis is involved in an ongoing process to strive for GDPR compliance. To this end:
- We are training all staff on what GDPR entails and ensuring they understand how to manage an individual’s data they may have access to
- We have reviewed all client data held by and on behalf of Hackney Tennis in order to determine procedures for managing that data from 25th May 2018.
- We have confirmed the commitment and intention to comply with GDPR of third parties that store PII on behalf of Hackney Tennis, namely OpenPlay, Mailchimp and Xero.
- We have updated customer preferences and questions and provided further detail as to why we ask these questions, and have asked all existing customers to confirm how they wish to hear from us.
- Hackey Tennis will perform regular data reviews to identify what data is no longer needed and will delete or anonymise it.